Summit truck bodies are engineered for strength and durability, built with premium materials and quality manufacturing.
Medium Duty Truck Body
Our 8 Series service trucks, intended for a 26,000 GVWR chassis, is 11′ and support up to a 12,000 lbs. capacity crane.
This medium-duty truck body is built for strength and durability and will perform in rough conditions for years.
The body has abundant storage for tools and accessories to ensure field service techs arrive at the job site prepared to complete any task.
165 cu ft of compartment storage configured to increase efficiency
The tool bumper with grip strut steps and grab handles provides safe cargo access.
Our ASE integrated operating system gives you safe and efficient control of crane, body, and chassis functions.
Our 8 Series medium-duty truck body benefits field mechanics needing a higher payload capacity and our 10,000 lbs hydraulic crane’s lifting capabilities. It is a popular choice for heavy equipment technicians requiring more equipment, tools, and parts to get the job done, regardless of location or industry.
- 10 ga. galvannealed steel body construction
- 1/8” aluminum bolt-on doors with an internal frame
- Full-length piano-style aluminum hinges
- Automotive-style bulb weather stripping
- Ergonomic three-point compression door latches keep compartments sealed tight.
- Aluminum drip rail above compartment doors
- 3/16” diamond tread plate floor in the cargo area reduces the risk of slips and falls.
- Swivel D-ring tie-downs flush-mounted on the cargo area walls: Qty 6
- 6,000 lbs. Capacity
- A fully integrated crane support structure
- 24” D tool bumper with storage compartment
- Integrated bumper steps with grip strut provide slip-resistant access to the cargo area.
- 2.5” 18,000 lbs automotive-style receiver hitch
- Infinitely adjustable compartment shelves with dividers
- Bright polished knurled grab handles mounted on the rear side packs aid in safe three-point access to the cargo area.
- 12” aluminum slam style lockable tailgate
- Torch bottle storage compartment
- Vented and reinforced floor
- Torch bottle retainer with ratchet straps
- Reinforced welder riser mounting blocks on top of DS sidepack
- Safety placard and decals
- The three-step Delfleet paint process gives the body a high-quality image and durability.
- Phosphate wash, PPG epoxy primer, and PPG topcoat
- Five-year PPG warranty against rust and corrosion
- Endless color options
- Line-X protective coating applied to the cargo area, rear bumper, side pack front, top, rear, and the entire length of the bottom edge of the body provides long-lasting protection from harsh elements.
- Rubberized undercoating applied to the entire underside of the body optimizes durability.
- LED Light Package
- Grommeted and flush-mounted
- Front and rear marker lights
- Oval stop/tail/turn lights on the rear bumper and headache rack
- Reverse lights on the rear bumper with a backup alarm
- LED Rectangle work lights
- LED compartment strip lights
- Control lights from ASE main control panel, chassis cab panel, and crane remote
- 7-way RV-style trailer plug
- Control lights from control panels in the rear compartment and cab.
- Weatherproof latching main body power panel installed in crane compartment.
- Includes push-button panel to control crane, outriggers, and 12V body accessories, including lights
- Electrical wiring harnesses feature Deutsch connectors and braided protective sleeves.
- Summit designed and manufactured drawer packs.
- .125” aluminum construction
- The heavy-duty 600 lbs. slides fully extend.
- Lock-in & lock-out slides
- Easily removable drawers
- Lock-in drawer dividers standard with optional egg crating.
- Lockable single-action handle assembly.
- Drawer depths of 3”, 5”, 7”
- Custom widths from 12”-50”.
- Custom riser heights are available.
- An integrated top shelf with dividers helps maximize storage space.
- Optional slide-out work tray.
- Wrap or powder coat options add color & durability.
- Cycle, load, shock, impact damage, incline, and vibration tested.
- Open center fixed displacement gear pump
- PTO mounted to the transmission
- 32-gal hydraulic reservoir
- Choose a hydraulic-driven reciprocating or rotary screw air compressor.
- 40 CFM output.
- 175 psi max output (reciprocating)
- 150 psi max output (rotary screw)
- Hannay Reels 1/2″ x 50′ HD spring rewind hose reel
- 50′ of 250 psi rated air hose
- Payout door on the rear of side pack
- ASME underbody air receiver
- 15 gal air storage tank
- Mechanical air tank moisture drain
- Norgren 1/2″ filter/lubricator/regulator
Paint & Protective Coatings
Electrical & Light Package
Air Compressor Systems
ASE Crane System
Our innovative Advanced Safety Electronics (ASE) Phase 4 control system has elevated jobsite safety and performance.
We’ve combined crane, body, and chassis operations with functional safety using a network of switches and sensors to communicate data. Advanced Safety Electronics reduces the risks of working in hazardous conditions, takes the guesswork out of crane operation with automated protection features, and gives you information to make safe decisions. Based on the robust J1939 Protocol, we can incorporate the telematics data into your fleet management solution.
- Increase OSHA Dart Rate and ROI
- Operate and monitor the crane, outriggers, engine, PTO, air compressor, hydraulics, and lights.
- Built-in safety features protect against jobsite hazards and ensure safe crane operation.
- Three control points: main control in rear compartment, cab control panel, and wireless remote control
- It prevents crane functionality under unsafe operating conditions
- Digitally displays real-time load moment indicator (LMI) data on the main panel and remote control.
- Display alerts in easy-to-read text: e.g., oil temp, outriggers successfully deployed, crane overload, etc.
- Standard on all hydraulic crane service trucks