Summit bodies are strong and durable, made with premium materials and quality manufacturing processes.
Medium Duty Truck Body
The 8 Series service truck body is designed to fit a 26,000 GVWR chassis with an impressive 11-foot measurement. With a crane capacity of up to 12,000 pounds, this body can easily take on even the most challenging jobs.
This medium-duty truck body is built to endure rigorous use and challenging environments, guaranteeing unparalleled resilience.
Field service technicians can confidently tackle any task, knowing they have ample storage space to store all the tools and accessories needed.
165 cu ft of storage set up to increase efficiency
The bumper work space and has grip strut steps and grab handles that offers safe and easy access to your cargo bed.
Our user-friendly ASE system safely and controls crane, body, and chassis functions.
If you’re a field mechanic or heavy equipment tech needing a lift capacity of up to 10,000 lbs and more space for tools and parts, our 8 Series medium-duty truck body is the ideal choice. It’s perfect for any industry and location, helping you do the job.
- 10 ga. galvannealed steel body
- 1/8” AL bolt-on doors with an internal frame
- Full-length piano-style aluminum hinges
- Automotive-style bulb weather stripping
- Three-point compression door latches keep compartments sealed tight.
- Aluminum drip rail above side pack doors
- 3/16” diamond tread plate floor in the cargo area reduces the risk of slips and falls.
- Swivel D-ring tie-downs mounted on the cargo area walls: Qty 6
- 6,000 lbs. Capacity
- A fully integrated crane support structure
- 24” D tool bumper with storage compartment
- Bumper steps with grip strut provide slip-resistant access to the cargo area.
- 2.5” 18,000 lbs automotive-style receiver hitch
- Adjustable compartment shelves with dividers
- Bright polished knurled grab handles mounted on the rear side packs aid in safe access to the cargo area.
- 12” AL slam style lockable tailgate
- Torch bottle storage compartment
- Vented and reinforced floor
- Torch bottle retainer with ratchet straps
- Reinforced welder riser mounting blocks on top of DS sidepack
- Safety placards and decals
- The three-step Akzo Nobel paint process gives the body a high-quality image and durability.
- Phosphate wash, epoxy primer, and topcoat
- Five-year warranty against rust and corrosion
- Endless color options
- Line-X coating is applied to the cargo area, rear bumper, side pack front, top, back, and the entire length of the bottom edge of the body for long-lasting durability.
- Rubberized undercoating applied to the entire underside of the body adds durability.
- LED Light Package
- Grommeted and flush-mounted
- Front and rear marker lights
- Oval S/T/T lights on the rear bumper and headache rack
- Reverse lights on the rear bumper with a backup alarm
- LED rectangle work lights
- LED compartment strip lights
- Control lights from ASE main control panel, chassis cab panel, and crane remote
- 7-way RV-style trailer plug
- Control lights from control panels in the rear compartment and cab.
- Weatherproof main body power panel installed in crane compartment.
- Includes push-button panel to control crane, outriggers, and 12V body accessories, including lights
- Electrical wiring harnesses feature Deutsch connectors and braided sleeves.
- Summit designed and manufactured drawer packs.
- .125” aluminum construction
- The heavy-duty 600 lbs. slides fully extend.
- Lock-in & lock-out slides
- Easily removable drawers
- Lock-in drawer dividers are standard with optional egg crating.
- Lockable single-action handle assembly.
- Drawer depths of 3”, 5”, 7”
- Custom widths from 12”-50”.
- Custom riser heights are available.
- An integrated top shelf with dividers helps maximize storage space.
- Optional slide-out work tray.
- Wrap or powder coat options add color & durability.
- Cycle, load, shock, impact damage, incline, and vibration tested.
- Open center fixed displacement gear pump
- PTO mounted to the transmission
- 32-gal hyd. reservoir
- Choose a recip or rotary screw
- 40 CFM output.
- 175 psi max output (recip)
- 150 psi max output (rotary screw)
- Hannay Reels 1/2″ x 50′ HD spring rewind hose reel
- 50′ of 250 psi rated air hose
- Payout door on the rear of the side pack
- ASME underbody air receiver
- 15 gal air storage tank
- Air tank moisture drain
- Norgren 1/2″ FLR
Paint & Protective Coatings
Electrical & Light Package
Air Compressor Systems
ASE Crane System
Our Advanced Safety Electronics (ASE) Phase 4 control system has elevated jobsite safety and performance.
Our state-of-the-art system seamlessly integrates the functions of crane, body, and chassis operations to ensure optimal functional safety. This is achieved through a network of switches and sensors that relay vital data. Summit’s Advanced Safety Electronics allows you to work confidently in the most hazardous conditions with minimal risk. It provides crucial information, eliminating guesswork and guaranteeing safe decision-making. And the system is equipped with the dependable J1939 Protocol so that we can incorporate telematics data into your fleet management program. Rest assured that our system will always keep you secure and productive.
- Increase OSHA Dart Rate and ROI
- Operate and monitor the crane, outriggers, engine, PTO, air compressor, hydraulics, and lights.
- Built-in safety features protect against jobsite hazards and ensure safe crane operation.
- Three control points: main control in the rear compartment, cab control panel, and wireless remote control
- It prevents crane functionality under unsafe operating conditions
- Digitally displays real-time load moment indicator (LMI) data on the main panel and remote control.
- Display alerts in easy-to-read text: e.g., oil temp, outriggers successfully deployed, crane overload, etc.
- Standard on all hydraulic crane service trucks